We are looking for a Sales - Freight Broker at our Litchfield, MN and Minneapolis, MN locations.
We are looking for the best of the best to join our top-notch team! Our brokers are responsible for matching authorized and reliable transportation carriers to the shippers and coordinating the shipping needs for many companies while maximizing the profitability on every shipment. As a broker you will have a high volume of customer interaction, including prospecting, cold-calling, qualifying, closing deals, and account management.
- Prospect for leads to build a pipeline, including heavy cold-calling
- Negotiate freight rates based on customer contracts and current market availability
- Establish business relationships with clients and carriers
- Track and Trace customer shipments and notify the appropriate parties
- Responsible for account management including but not limited to: entering orders, completing oversize permit applications and for final bill accuracy.
- Responsible for the presentation and follow-up of written and verbal quotations
- Collaborate with your team and sister company on pricing decisions, supplier selection and timing
- Meet and/or exceed performance goals as assigned
- Other Duties as May be Assigned
- Previous 3 years of experience in logistics and sales
- Experience in the transportation industry required
- Motivated by a sense of urgency, a will to win and a talent for negotiating
- Competitive Sales Mentality Required
- Ability to prioritize, multitask, and give attention to details
- Quick study in a fast-moving environment
- Problem solver
Associates Degree or higher preferred.
Medical and Dental Insurance
Paid STD, LTD, and AD&D Life Insurance
Retirement Plan offerings
Flex Savings Accounts